Product Info »
Why Eat Popcorn?
The smell of freshly popped popcorn, the sound of each kernel popping with flavor and the crisp crunch of simple, all natural popcorn are not the only great things about popcorn. It is one of the healthiest snacks you can eat. Popcorn is low in calorie and high in nutritional value.
- Popcorn is a whole grain food.
- Popcorn is low in calories and fat, only 30 – 50 calories in one cup.
- Popcorn is high in fiber.
- Popcorn has no artificial additives or preservatives
- Popcorn is gluten free
- Popcorn contains energy producing complex carbohydrates.
Studies have shown that whole grains may help reduce the risk of developing many major diseases including heart disease, cholesterol, diabetes, and certain cancers. Fiber rich whole grains grab onto toxins as they make their way through the digestive system. Popcorn supplies your body with needed nutrients.
Popcorn is a whole grain food which means it is a high quality carbohydrate source that is low in calorie and a good source of fiber. When it comes to snack foods, popcorn is a healthy, great tasting choice.